We at QRemember take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy rights. We want you to understand what information we collect, how we use and share it, how long we store it, and why we collect it. This helps you use our products in a way that is right for you.
Why we collect information
QRemember collects this Personal Information in furtherance of its own legitimate interests, such as marketing its goods and services to you, and in providing, administering, improving and personalizing the Services to you, and based on your consent, where QRemember asks for and collects your consent prior to collection, storage, use, disclosure, protection and handling of Personal Information.
What information we collect
We may collect Personal Information about individuals. This personal information could include:
- contact details (including email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details);
- date of birth;
- usernames and passwords;
- bank account details;
- date of death;
- videos; and
- sensitive information that you choose to submit to us.
If some or all of your Personal Information is not collected by QRemember, QRemember may not be able to provide you with the Service (in whole or in part) or personalize the Service (in whole or in part) to you or provide other goods and services to you.
If you are under the age of 13, we need the consent of your parent or guardian to process your personal information. QRemember does not knowingly process the Personal Information of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Services without your parent or guardian’s consent. If you suspect that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please notify us via the e-mail address at [email protected].
The Personal Information collected by QRemember may include Sensitive Information. QRemember will only collect and use Sensitive Information for the purpose that it is collected as permitted under the Applicable Privacy Laws, which includes situations where you have given your explicit consent, where such processing is necessary in the field of employment, social security, or social protection law, or where such processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Other allowable bases for the processing of Sensitive Information may apply under the Applicable Privacy Laws and QRemember may use Sensitive Information accordingly.
How does QRemember collect your personal information?
Collecting Information from you
If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, QRemember will collect personal information directly from you.
Depending on how you choose to interact with QRemember, QRemember may collect your personal information when you contact, or are contacted by, QRemember or its service providers by telephone, by email, through the Website, or when you complete a form or document and provide it to QRemember. More specifically, we collect personal information in circumstances including the following:
- a person signs up to become a Page administrator or Guest User;
- a person signs up to contribute to a Page administrator’s memorial or album;
- a person posts content about themselves on the website;
- a person posts content about a third living party on the website;
- a person sends content about themselves or a living third party to themselves or a third party on the website;
- a person visits the website and sends an inquiry through or make a comment or other posts the site, through an email, via a social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest;
- a person signs up to an email marketing list;
- a person interacts with our social media services;
- we meet with an organization wishing to do business with QRemember (and an individual from that organization provides details);
- an individual enters into a transaction with us using a credit card or method other than cash;
- an individual makes an order through our online store in accordance with QRemember Terms;
- an individual enters a competition being run by QRemember; and
Collecting information from third parties.
QRemember may also collect information about you from other people (e.g. a third-party administrator or other users) or independent sources. This may occur when, for example, other users upload content that includes information about you, or where a Page Administrator nominated you as a Page Administrator in accordance with the QRemember Terms or you are nominated as the administrator for an account on a Website. If you also give us permission to access information in other services, such as Facebook or Google Drive, Apple or Dropbox, we may be able to obtain information from those account depending on your privacy settings.
QRemember may also collect information based on how you use its Website, including through ‘cookies,’ web beacons and other similar technologies.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable QRemember’s systems to recognize your browser and record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit and the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes (“Cookie Information”).
We may use ‘cookies’ to collect data relating to your general internet usage.
We will ask for your consent before placing non-essential cookies on your device.
When individuals use one of our mobile applications, we may also collect information about your city location, device model and version and operating system version.
No attempt is made by QRemember to use Cookie Information to personally identify you. However, if Cookie Information is linked with personal information as set out above, this Cookie Information becomes personal information and will be treated is the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
You can remove or reject cookies by adjusting the settings on your we browser. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disable cookies.
Electric Communications and direct marketing
QRemember may, in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Applicable Jurisdiction and Applicable Privacy Laws, send you email messages and other electronic communication (i) in connection with your use of the Website or any services, (ii) in the ordinary course of business, or (iii) for any other legitimate business purpose (including, but not limited to, marketing). You can unsubscribe from such email messages or other electronic communication by emailing QRemember at [email protected] or by following the directions contained in such e-mail messages or other electronic communications.
Where practicable, customers and other have the right to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. Circumstances where it is not practicable, however, include where Personal Information is required to complete a credit card or account transaction.
Use of Personal Information
QRemember may hold, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of marketing, but only where such complies with the Applicable Privacy Laws.
Subject to the Applicable Privacy Laws, QRemember may also hold, use or disclose your Personal Information collected for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
- display it when you have posted it to a Website;
- for use for the purposes of collection described in clause 4 above;
- to respond to enquiries received from you;
- to perform authorized financial transactions with you;
- to identify you with third party services that we may use for customer support or payment processing;
- to verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any account details;
- to communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services;
- to send marketing or product-related communications;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- to enable you to enter competitions we run;
- to facilitate your participation in surveys where you volunteer that personal information;
- to enable you to participate in any loyalty or rewards programs, if you so request it;
- to receive and address feedback or complaints from you;
- to transfer data to your next-of-kin in the event of your passing;
- for the purposes of fulfilling orders on our online store in accordance with the QRemember Terms;
- to protect our legal interests and fulfill our regulatory obligations (if an to the extent necessary), and
- in other circumstances, with your prior consent.
All members and others with whom we interact have the option of opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
The Website may contain links to third party websites including the networks of our valued affiliate service providers and/or advertisers.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide personal information to third parties outside our group companies for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing goods and services to customers. We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information that they need to help us provide or facilitate the provisions of goods and services to you. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by the Applicable Privacy Laws in handling your Personal Information and use your Personal Information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
Such third parties may include, but are not limited to:
- organizations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- couriers and delivery businesses (where we arrange to deliver goods to you or persons you have requested us to send deliveries to);
- third party software providers who store details of customer account for us or who provide other IT services;
- marketing businesses engages by us to disseminate materials to which recipients have consented; and
- we may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties outside our group of companies;
- where we have your express permission to do so;
- where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties, unless prohibited under the Applicable Privacy Laws;
- if QRemember sells, assigns or otherwise transfers part or the whole of its business, in which case your Personal Information, which was collected by QRemember through your use of the service, may be among the items transferred or sold to the extent that it is relevant to QRemember’s business; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce of apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of QRemember, its personnel or customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protections and credit risk reduction.
Security of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to QRemember. Accordingly, QRemember takes commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Each account or a page created on a Website is protected by account details provided to Users for privacy and security.
However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software).
In light of this, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your Personal Information, including payment and bank account details. You transmit your Personal Information to us at your own risk.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavor to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions.
QRemember may also transfer your Personal Information to a person who is in a foreign country to assist us in providing with our service.
You may have a right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. Subject to Applicable Privacy Laws, you may have the right to request and obtain information about, or copies of, your Personal Information that we process, where we obtained your information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your information, and the third parties with whom your information is shared. Lastly, you may, in certain circumstances, ask us to correct or delete Personal Information concerning you, depending on the situation and applicable laws.
All of our processing is in support of our business. Where we process your data based upon your consent, you may withdraw consent if you wish to do so.
Upon receipt of a request to exercise your rights, we may request additional information in order to verify your identity. To the extent possible, we will utilize information already in our possession to verify your identity. Any information you provide in connection with such verification will be deleted as soon as practicable following your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you submit a request through an authorized agent, we may require that the authorized agent provide proof that the authorized agent has been authorized by you to act on your behalf and may still require you to verify your identity in accordance with the above.
Warranties and Representation
Access to/correction or updating of your Personal Information
You have a right to access the Personal Information we hold about and a right to request that such Personal Information be corrected if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To obtain a copy of the Personal Information we hold about your or to request QRemember correct your Personal Information please contact us set out in the section below.
Concerns about privacy
- have any concerns regarding the privacy of your Personal Information, or a possible breach of the Applicable Privacy Law;
- wish to obtain a copy of your Personal Information held by QRemember;
- wish to make a request that your Personal Information held by QRemember be corrected if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete or our of date; or
- exercise any other data right, please contact us at: [email protected].
In the email, please specify the following information:
- your name;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your email address;
- a description of your concern (if applicable);
- details about the information in a question to help us locate it (if applicable).
We will then use commercially reasonable effort to promptly determine if there is a problem or action to your requests and take the necessary corrective action within a reasonable time.
Should you wish to report a complaint or feel that QRemember has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may make a formal complaint to the Relevant Authority.
Deletion of, removal of, or destroyed Personal Information
You can request that your Personal Information be deleted, removed, depersonalized or destroyed by QRemember by emailing [email protected].
QRemember will use commercially reasonable endeavors to action your request within a reasonable time and notify you when your request has been completed.
Compliance with the Applicable Privacy Laws
Subject to the laws of the Applicable Jurisdictions, any failure or delay by us to enforce or exercise a power or right or provisions of this Policy will not constitutional waiver of those rights or provisions, and the exercise of a power of right by us does not preclude our ability to exercise that or any other power or right in the future. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.